FEMEN is an international women’s movement of brave topless female activists painted with the slogans and crowned with flowers.
FEMEN female activists are the women with special training, physically and psychologically ready to implement the humanitarian tasks of any degree of complexity and level of provocation. FEMEN activists are ready to withstand repressions against them and are propelled by the ideological cause alone. FEMEN is the special force of feminism, its spearhead militant unit, modern incarnation of fearless and free Amazons.
Their objective is to destroy patriarchy; their weapons are bare breasts. FEMEN "sextremists" have now set up shop in more than ten countries, but only have one active branch in North America. In this documentary, VICE journalist Brigitte Noël enters the world of FEMEN Quebec as they disturb the public space with their homegrown brand of activism, bringing skin, controversy, and feminism to the front page.
Complete victory over patriarchy
We live in the world of male economic, cultural and ideological occupation. In this world, a woman is a slave, she is stripped of the right to any property but above all she is stripped of ownership of her own body. All functions of the female body are harshly controlled and regulated by patriarchy. Separated from the woman, her body is an object to monstrous patriarchal exploitation, animated by production of heirs, surplus profits, sexual pleasures and pornographic shows. Complete control over the woman’s body is the key instrument of her suppression; the woman’s sexual demarche is the key to her liberation. Manifestation of the right to her body by the woman is the first and the most important step to her liberation. Female nudity, free of patriarchal system, is a grave-digger of the system, militant manifesto and sacral symbol of women’s liberation
FEMEN’s naked attacks is a naked nerve of the historic woman-system conflict, its most visual and appropriate illustration. Activist’s naked body is the undisguised hatred toward the patriarchal order and new aesthetics of women’s revolution.
– by strength of courage and personal example, to initiate global women’s mob law over patriarchy as the historically first, and last, existing form of slavery.
– to provoke patriarchy into open conflict by forcing it to disclose its aggressive antihuman nature to fully discredit it in the eyes of history.
– to ideologically undermine the fundamental institutes of patriarchy – dictatorship, sex-industry, and church – by putting these institutes through subversive trolling to force them to strategic surrender.
– to promote new revolutionary female sexuality as opposed to the patriarchal erotic and pornography.
– to instill in modern women culture of active opposition to the evil and of struggle for justice.
– to create the most influential and combat-effective women’s union in the world.
– immediate political deposition of all dictatorial regimes creating unbearable living conditions for women, first of all, theocratic Islamic states practicing Shari’ah and other forms of sadism regarding women;
– complete extermination of prostitution as an egregious form of exploitation of women by criminalizing the clients, investors and organizers of slave-trade. To recognize that sex-industry is the most large-scale and long-term genocide against women;
– to universally and completely separate the church from the state and to prohibit any intervention of the religious institutions in the civic, sex and reproductive lives of modern women.
FEMEN ideology, Sextremism, Atheism, Feminism
FEMEN’s Tactics Is Sextremism
Sextremism is a fundamentally new form of women’s feminist actionism developed by FEMEN.
Sextremism is female sexuality rebelling against patriarchy and embodied in the extremal political direct action events. Sexist style of the actions is a way to destruct the patriarchal understanding of what is the destination of female sexuality to the benefit of the great revolutionary mission. Extremal nature of sextremism demonstrates intellectual, psychological and physical superiority of female activists from FEMEN over the bandogs of patriarchy. Unsanctioned format of the sextremism events represents the historical right of the woman to make her protest anywhere at any time and not to concert her action with the patriarchal law-enforcing structures. Sextremism is the woman’s mockery of vulgar male extremism and its bloody mayhems and a cult of terror. Sextremism is a non-violent but highly aggressive form of provocation; it is an all-powerful demoralizing weapon undermining the foundations of the old political ethics and rotten patriarchal culture.